Having a jammed garage door can be very frustrating. I can give you a big phase of anxiety. Several homeowners find themselves in this awkward situation, especially during the winter season. Instead of getting frustrated or depressed, it is suggested that use your handy skill and tools and apply some troubleshooting techniques to fix the problems.
First of all, spend a few minutes inspecting the garage door thoroughly to determine whether its safety features are functioning or not. Sometimes the built-in safety features designed by the manufacturer may stop the garage door from working. If you are not able to determine what is going on, consult a professional garage door expert like, Choice Garage Door Charlotte to restore the performance of your garage door. The following are the troubleshooting tips and techniques you could take before calling professional garage door repair services.
- Normally, modern garage doors are designed with a safety setting like, automatic or vacation lock modes. In case, the garage door is shifted to that mode, it will not function even with the remote. You should unlock the garage door manually and then set back to its original position from inside the garage.
- Evaluate the batteries of the remote to see if they have enough power or not. If you are using rechargeable batteries then it could be the main trouble. Replace the old batteries with the new ones to see if the remote is working or not. If you are able to operate the garage door successfully from the control pad placed inside a garage, then the batteries of the remote are to blame.
- Inspect the power supply cables as well. Sometimes, the power supply switch may be unplugged accidentally or the cable could be worn out. In these situations, you would need to call a professional garage door services provider to handle the problem.
- Look inside the garage to see if there is anything on the bottom of the garage door which obstructs the path of safety sensors. For up & over may face this problem more often. In another case, if there is something holding the springs, the garage door will not function.
- Don’t forget to inspect the safety sensors to see if the light is blinking. Check it thoroughly, if the light is not blinking, replaces them immediately. Also, make sure that nothing obstructs the path of sensors.
Call a professional garage door repair contractor:
The automatic garage door functions on the simple operating mechanism. It uses mechanical pulleys and springs to work. So it is not challenging to determine what is wrong with the functionality of the garage door. Although, some minor problems can be easily fixed using DIY techniques the major problems should be treated by an experienced technician. The reason is that the garage door is bulky and heavy equipment which has the potential to injure you badly. So, it is strongly recommended that hire a reputed garage door repair company to handle the problems of your garage door.